Are you looking for more variety in your teaching or want to share your speciﬁc diving passions with your students? Do you want to teach divers to be more environmentally aware?
PADI Specialty Instructor training is the way to go and at Deefer College of Diving we have a wide range of courses for you to choose from, including an extensive list of marine science and conservation based programs, that are taught by our highly qualiﬁed dive professionals and marine scientists.
Becoming a PADI Specialty Instructor has many advantages for you, the instructor:
• Its rewarding and allows you to teach what you really enjoy, sharing your passion and expertise
• It increases your earning potential
• It makes you more employable
• It opens up more options for teaching the newly revised PADI Advanced Open Water Course
• It lays the groundwork for elevating your instructor rating to higher levels
Students also want to take courses from people who are knowledgeable and passionate about what they are teaching. There are a number of options for becoming a specialty instructor so why do it with a Course Director?:
• You get hands on experience with tips and hints from knowledgeable and experienced staff and really learn the skills involved and how to teach them
• The application process to PADI is less costly
• It is a more streamlined and faster route to gaining the ratings as in most cases only 10 dives are required rather than 20..
In general, to enrol on a specialty instructor training course you need to meet one of the following criteria:
• Be a current PADI Instructor or,
• Currently enrolled on a PADI IDC or,
• Have successfully completed a PADI IDC within the last 12 months
Some specialty instructor ratings have additional prerequisites and some are also open to certiﬁed Divemasters and Assistant Instructors so please contact us directly for more information.
Taking a PADI Specialty Instructor training course with a Course Director involves:
• Fine tuning your own skills and teaching techniques
• Learning how to organise, promote and conduct each course
• Learning new techniques to add to the experience you have
We do this by effectively running through your chosen specialty so you practise all of the skills required and look at how to teach them and handle common problems your students might have.
The length of the program depends on your chosen specialty – some can be done in as little as ½ day, some take 2 days. Please contact us directly for more speciﬁc information on the specialty ratings you are interested in from our list available at Deefer College of Diving:
• Deep Diver
• Drift Diver
• Search and Recovery
• Emergency Oxygen Provider
• Digital Underwater Photography
• Wreck Diver
• Underwater Naturalist
• Fish ID
• Night Diver
• Caribbean Lionﬁsh Containment
• AWARE Shark Conservation
• AWARE Dive Against Debris
• Coral Watch
• Sea Turtle Distinctive
Are you interested in more than one specialty? Have a look at our MSDT prep program which includes 5 specialty instructor courses and comes with the added bonus of an informal instructor internship and our dive for life offer.
Our individual specialty instructor courses include everything you need and are priced at $413 each and include:
• Any PADI manuals required as per standards
• Any student level certiﬁcations required
• 3 nights in shared accommodation with breakfast and dinner
• PADI application fee
• Standard equipment rental
What’s not included?
• travel to and from and around the island. Click here for travel advice.
• lunch and drinks
• any extra day trips etc
• specialist equipment that you are required to have by PADI standards as a dive
If there is a student specialty manual available for your chosen specialty you are required to have it and this is included in the price of your course.
You will also be required to have the specialty instructor manual for each course you teach.
Most instructors have the digital version from their IDC training, but if it is a while since you took your training or you do not have it please contact us for up to date pricing.