First aid and CPR skills are invaluable to everyone, not just divers and by adding the Emergency First Response Instructor (EFR) rating to your professional repertoire enables you to teach anyone, anywhere vital skills that could really help someone in need.
Emergency First Response is an internationally recognised CPR and First Aid training organisation that follows internationally recognised medical guidelines for emergency care.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be authorised to teach the following courses:
• Primary Care
• Secondary Care
• Care for Children
• CPR and AED
EFR gives you, the instructor, a lot of ﬂexibility in combining these courses to tailor training to your students needs and this makes it a very attractive alternative to some of the other more widely recognised agencies.
You do not even need to be a diver to be able to teach this course. You need to be:
• At least 18 year’s old
• Have completed CPR and 1st Aid training within the last 24 months
If you have CPR and 1st Aid training from another agency, please email us your qualiﬁcations to have veriﬁed by PADI. It is also possible to crossover if you are currently an instructor with another agency. Please contact us directly for details.
The EFR Instructor course is scheduled over 2 days and includes a combination of independent study, classroom presentations and fun practical work.
We will look at the philosophy behind EFR’s training program and :
• How you can build conﬁdence in your students and increase their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency
• Creating a positive, stress-free learning environment in which to practise skills
• Developing role model, demonstration quality emergency skills
• Developing an understanding of the structure, requirements and procedures for teaching the full range of courses
• How to organise and market your programs to divers and non-divers
If you are taking your IDC with us your EFR Instructor course and everything required are included in your IDC package.
EFRI can be taken as a stand alone course and our price is $605 US dollars for the 2 day program and includes absolutely everything you need to be certiﬁed as an EFR Instructor:
• All required materials
• PADI application fees
• 3 nights in shared accommodation with breakfast and dinner
Our full pricing structure is made up of a number of modules, so for example if you want to ﬁnd your own accommodation and meals we can provide you with a price with this module removed.
What’s not included:
• travel to and from and around the island. Click here for travel advice.
• lunch and drinks
• any extra day trips etc